Ten Reasons Why I am Not a Mormon
1. Because I can not believe that there are old men living on the moon dressed up like Quakers!
Documentation: The following quotation of the founder of Mormonism, Joseph Smith, As recorded in the Mormon's "Journal of Oliver Huntington" Vol.2,pg166 at Utah State Historical Society.
"The inhabitants of the moon are of a more uniform size than the inhabitants of the earth Being about 6 feet in height, they dress very much like the Quaker style and are quite general in style, or the fashion of dress. They live to be very old coming generally near 1000 years."
2. Because if I start hearing voices in my head I'm going to question my mental health- NOT become a Mormon!
Documentation: The following quotation is from one of the Mormon's "Three Witnesses" To their bible (The "Book of Mormon") who later realized his foolishness and Withdrew from the cult. David Whitmer's "Address to all believers" 1887,pg27
"If you believe my testimony to the book of Mormon: If you believe that God spoke to us three witnesses by His own voice, than I tell you that in June, 1838, God spake to me again by His own voice from the heavens, and told me to separate myself from among the Latter Day Saints."
3. Because my local police will get very upset if I start killing my neighbors for stealing and other things I don't like. (Does this man sound like a Christian?!).
Documentation: This quotation is from their successor to Joseph Smith, another one of Their "infallible" prophets, Brigham Young. (Journal of Discourses, Vol 1, pgs 108-109)
"If you want to know what I do with a thief that you may find stealing, I say kill him on the spot, and suffer him to commit another iniquity...if I caught a man stealing on my premises I should be very apt to "send him home", and that is what I wish every man to do, to put a stop to that abominable practice in the midst of this people.... I will prove my works whether I can mete out justice to such persons, or not. I would consider it just as much my duty to do that, as to baptize a man for the remission of sins"
4. Because I do not believe in crystal ball gazing to obtain truth!
Documentation reference: There are New York State court records of when their Joseph Smith was charged with being a "Glass looker" (1826), however, I'll accept His mother's testimony. She said:
"My son was a "peek stone" addict. The young "Prophet" would place a stone in a hat, put his face into the hat and then see into the Stone to determine by its deep mysteries where certain treasures lay.
5. Because I'm not going to be such a fool as Satan and THINK I CAN BE GOD!
Documentation reference: "Joseph Smith preferred to believe the satanic lie of Gen3:5 "Ye shall be as Gods", Satan, indeed was more conservative than Smith, for he Qualified his promise with "as", Joseph, never one to be outdone, made Satan's Lie capable of literal fulfillment. In what religion, other than Satanism, can man Be flattered to the point of believing himself to be God. "The Bible and Mormonism" by Roger Anderson Mormon "Millennial Star, Vol.54:
"As man is, God once was, as God is, man May become". "If we should take a million worlds like this and number their particles, we Should find that there are more gods than there are particles of matter in those Worlds" (Journal of discourses Vol. 2 page 345)
6. For ONE wife is enough for any man!
Documentation reference: "The Mormons who practice polygamy do so because They believe it was a Divine mandate of Joseph Smith, an "Everlasting covenant Irreversible, sanctioned and fortified by Brigham Young and other leaders. "Mormons are told officially that the: "crowning gospel ordinance requisite for Godhood is celestial marriage".(Polygamy)
The latter day saints would like us to believe that polygamy is dead, but the closest Competitor of the Utah church, the reorganized church of LDS, which rejected Polygamy, states: "Repeatedly we are told that this is a dead issue- that polygamy has been renounced By the Mormon authorities and the matter need not be argued further. It is not a Dead issue, nor can it be so long as their book of doctrine and covenants goes into All parts of the world bearing an alleged revelation which sets forth polygamy (And with equal validity- concubinage) as the will of heaven and says that those Who reject these documents will be damned! This can not be called dead so long as our friends among the Mormon missionaries Everywhere defend the doctrine when pressed in argument, and often when not even Questioned about it. (Differences that Persist, Herald Publishing House, Ind Missouri 1959 pgs 19-21)
Note: When census workers discover them, they are told that the plural wives are "Boarders" and that the children don't give the names of their parents because they are merely shy.
7. Because I'm not about to go up to a 6 foot black man and tell him that I'm better than him -and God said so!
"From the days of the prophet Joseph even until now, it has been the Doctrine of the church, never questioned by any of the church leaders, that the Negroes Are not entitled to the full blessings of the gospel"
Quoted from the First Presidency of the Mormon Church, July 17,1947, see Mormonism and The Negro, by John J Stewart and William E. Berrett, pp 46-47
8. Because I don't like people that steal books!
Documentation: Authenticated by affidavits, newspapers, and other documents we read that Solomon Spaulding wrote a novel attempting to account for the American Indian by Israelish origin And this piece of fiction was later re-written by Spaulding into a story called "Manuscript Found". (The first outline for it is at Oberlin College), The story was left with a publisher from whom it was stolen under circumstances which lead many to suspect Joseph's close friend Sidney Rigdon. It is claimed that the historical portions of "Manuscript Found" and The book of Mormon are the same, and that the religious teachings are interjected in the King James phraseology of the Bible.
"A number of investigators have used genetic and blood testing studies to show that Native Americans are related closely to the inhabitants of Siberia. Thomas W. Murphy, chairperson of the anthropology department at Edmonds Community College in Lynnwood, WA went further. (He was raised as a Mormon (and) he decided to examine whether DNA analysis would confirm that many, perhaps most, Native Americans are descended from ancient Israelites. According to the LA Times, "He analyzed data collected by a multimillion-dollar 'molecular genealogy' project at Brigham Young [ Mormon University no less] as well as other similar projects that track ancestry from people worldwide via DNA in blood samples." Murphy concluded that over the last few thousand years, modern-day Jews and modern-day Native Americans do not share common ancestors. If they did, "then genetic markers would be found in Natives identical to those in the descendents of ancient Hebrews" He concluded that:
1) "the Book of Mormon is a piece of 19th century fiction, and that...
2) Joseph Smith lied." (...duh! and no doubt lied about a lot of other stuff too- in order to create his false religion and sucker people into it! JWS)
above article compliments of: http://www.religioustolerance.org/lds_migr1.htm
9. Because I would hate to die in the desert, dragging a broken-down wooden cart with all my Belongings in it.
Documentation: Referring to the above method of travel from Iowa to Salt Lake valley, Their prophet Brigham Young directed: "If it is once tried, you will find that it will Become the favorite mode of crossing the plains, they will have nothing to do but Come along" ("Millennial Star XVII, Dec.22,1885)
Hundreds of blind followers, mostly emigrants, perished early in the journey from Disease caused from crowding people into small tents, others died from hunger, And fatigue, some were devoured by wolves and at last from winters cold were many Frozen to death. Note: Not only did Brigham Young devise the plan, but he designed these "hand carts" Which kept falling apart and causing delays, and in the end after all the resulting deaths Denied any responsibility!
10. BECAUSE I LOVE THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!
HE IS GOD, there are not many Gods, HE WAS BORN OF A VIRGIN, not from a sexual relationship between Adam and Mary, He was not married to a couple or few Marys, and
HIS BLOOD CAN WASH AWAY ANY and ALL OF MY SINS- AND IN FACT IT HAS!
Further, I am not Working my way to "some" heaven, Jesus paid for my eternal life and gave it to me as A free gift by faith in Him and promised me a home in glory as well!
Mormonism: Adam and Mary the parents of God, see Journal of Discourses Vol1, pgs 50-51. Jesus was married to Mary, Martha and the other Mary, (JN/Dis Vol 1 345-346) "There is not a man or woman who violates the Covenants made with their God, that will not be required to pay that debt- the Blood of Christ will never wipe that out, your own blood must atone for it" JD vol 3, pg 2470
(What!- My blood is better than Christ's!-according to Mormonism it is)
"There are certain sins so grievous that man may commit that they will place the Transgressors beyond the power of the atonement of Christ- they must have their Blood shed" (Like stealing evidently according to Brigham Young)
Joseph Smith (paraphrased) from his "Doctrine of Salvation"
"Christianity: For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
By:J.Selby@ Lanc.Bible Col.
(End of Article)
READ SOME FEEDBACK TO THIS ARTICLE
Here are 10 more Reasons "Not 2b a Mormon"
Published By: Bible Baptist Church 1203 4th St. Brandon, MB R7A 3J7
Ten Reasons Why Not to be a Mormon (Latter Day Saint)
1. Mormonism does not teach that the Bible is the infallible Word of God. "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God" (Articles of faith, No. 8). As Christians we believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God-breathed (Matt. 5:18; II Tim. 3:16-17; II Pet. 1:20-21).
2. Mormonism teaches that God is an exalted man and has a physical body. "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg. 345). "The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's..." (Doc. & Cov., Sec. 130:22). The Bible says, "God is not a man..." (Num. 23:19). "God is a Spirit; and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth" (John 4:24). "A spirit hath not flesh and bones..." (Luke 24:39).
3. Mormonism teaches that Christ and the devil are brothers "...that Lucifer, the son of the morning, is our elder brother and the brother of Jesus Christ" (Mormon Doctrine by Bruce McConkie, pp. 163-4). The Bible says the devil is a created being, created by God. "Thou was perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee" (Ezek. 28:15). "For by Him (Christ) were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in the earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers; all things were created by Him and for Him..." (Col. 1:15-17).
4. Mormonism Teaches that Jesus Christ Was Married and That He Is Polygamous. "We say it was Jesus Christ who was married at Cana of Galilee" (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 2, p. 80). Mormonism teaches that Jesus was the natural child of Adam and Mary. "When the Virgin Mary conceived the Child Jesus... He was not begotten of the Holy Ghost. And who is his Father? He is the first of the human family" (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, pp. 50-51). The Bible says, "In the beginning was the Word (Christ), and the Word was with God;...The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us..." (John 1:1, 14). "Then Mary said unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered...The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee..." (Luke 1:34-35).
5. Mormonism teaches that the true church ceased to exist until it was restored to Joseph Smith. The church (LDS) was restored April 6, 1830 by Joseph Smith (Doc. & Cov., 20:1). Jesus Christ said, "I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). "For other foundation can no man lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ" (I Cor. 3:11). "...And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone" (Eph. 2:20).
6. Mormonism teaches another (perverted) gospel than that of the Bible. The gospel to Mormonism is, "Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Holy Spirit by laying on of hands, Morality, Loyalty, Tithing, Word of Wisdom, Duty, Celestial Marriage (for eternity)" (LDS chart on FREE AGENCY and Articles of Faith, No.4). The Bible says, "Moreover brethren, I declare unto you the gospel... how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (I Cor. 15: 1, 3-4). "If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed" (Gal. 1:9).
7. Mormonism Teaches Salvation For the Dead By Proxy Water Baptism. This doctrine is based on one misunderstood Scripture: "Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead?" (I Cor. 15:29). Paul did not practice baptism for the dead. He excluded himself by using the pronoun "they" rather than "we" or "ye". He is asking a question rather than making a statement. "It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Heb. 9:27).
8. Mormonism teaches genealogical research for the dead. "Let us, therefore, as a church and a people, and as Latter-day Saints, offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness; and let us present in his holy temple, when it is finished, a book containing the records of our dead, which shall be worthy of all acceptation" (Doc. & Cov., Sec. 128:24). The Bible says, "Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies" (I Tim. 1:4). "But avoid foolish questions and genealogies..." (Titus 3:9).
9. Mormonism teaches that there are modern day prophets and modern day revelations from God. Mormonism claims that Joseph Smith received the Aaronic Priesthood from John the Baptist. The Melchizadek Priesthood and Apostleship was restored by Peter, James and John shortly afterwards in 1829 (Doc. & Cov., Sec. 13). The Bible says, "God...hath in these last days spoken unto us by hisSon, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds" (Heb. 1:1-2). The test of a prophet is given in Deut. 18:20-22.
10. Mormonism teaches that salvation depends upon good works and acceptance of Joseph Smith. "No man who rejects the testimony of Joseph Smith can enter the kingdom of God" (Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, pg. 190). "Men have work to do if they would obtain salvation" (Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 3, pg. 91). The Bible teaches that salvation is provided by Jesus Christ alone, "for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:10-12). "For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph. 2:8-9). My friend, the Bible clearly states the way for a person to escape the wrath of God and enjoy the blessings of eternity in God's presence. Jesus said, "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life; and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him" (John 3:36). In God's way of salvation a person must accept certain facts about God, about himself, and about Jesus Christ. He must understand that God in love provided the method by which men may come to Him. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). This God is not limited by a body of flesh and bones. Man must also acknowledge that he has fallen short of God's standard and so deserves eternal punishment and separation from God. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23). "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6:23). An individual must realize that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man and that He paid the price for each man's sin. "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit" (I Pet. 3:18). In God's plan each individual must personally received God's gift in order to be saved. "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name" (John 1:12). Salvation comes not through man's works, proxy water baptism, or a belief in Joseph Smith, but by accepting the finished work of Jesus Christ. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us" (Titus 3:5). Are you a Christian? Have you come to God in God's way as described in the Bible?
Used by assumed permission from: http://www.baptistpillar.com/bd0186.htm
READ SOME FEEDBACK TO THIS ARTICLE
Writings by J.Selby NOT copyrighted- (feel free to use)
Return to Previous Page CLICK HERE
Go to site index CLICK HERE
send me an email> email@example.com
PLEASE SIGN OUR GUESTBOOK- THANKS
Go to Home Page Click Below
Check out more of my site: www.jonathanselby.com
or my other site about what it is to be really: