The Ten Commandments of Christian Community Living
1. Due to the intensity of the warfare in this age, Christians should (ideally) live and raise their children within separate communities from the world, (which has become the later Sodom and Gomorrah), only going into this "world", or its market places, keenly aware of their primary purpose as missionaries and soldiers of the cross.
II Cor. 6:14-18
2. All "worldly" influences and involvements are to be avoided, resisted and/or abstained from altogether
I John 2:15-17
3. A community should be as self-sufficient as possible- independent from the world, its products,systems and influences.
4. All of God's people should evidence nonconformity to the world, being transformed that they might recognize God's good, acceptable, and perfect will, and especially in such things as modesty.
Romans 12:2, I Tim.2:9/10
5. That all should share all their resources equally, no one considering anything which he possesses as his own, and not one person living above or below the other, but all working together as a family for the common good, even the kingdom of God.
Acts 2:41-47, 4:31-35
6. All of the brethren are to be mutually respected for their gifts and opinions, and for man to have authority over the woman.
Eph.5, Phil. 2:3, I Cor. 11
7. The church service should always be open to a word of testimony, a word of wisdom, an exhortation, or an individually selected hymn. The worship service should take its example from the new testament: "For you can all prophesy in turn".
I Cor. 14: 26-35
8. Generously, openly, and trustingly being "Given to hospitality" towards all brethren, friends, and strangers.
9. Avoiding "Judging another man's servant" (each man being responsible to Jesus Christ), in any areas of "doubtful" issues, let each be persuaded in their own mind in what they allow -however being careful, not to cause a "stumbling block" for another.
Romans 14 .
10 Having our homes in order , and being content with the practical provisions of simple food and plain raiment, (basic shelter)... FOCUS ALL PRIORITY ON THE BATTLE FOR SOULS (Evangelism!)
(Their eternal destinies and their physical needs)- in other words-
(Above returns to Home Page)
I Timothy 6:8 Mark 16:15
For Biography of Jonathan Selby CLICK
To INDEX <Click
I PRAY THIS SITE HAS BEEN A BLESSING TO YOU
Thank you for visiting:
(Click above to return to Home Page)
Your responses are encouraged: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proverbs 3:5 & 6
| The Christians
This site owned by
The Reach Out America SiteRing
This site owned by
| The HOPE
Friends becoming family.
We encourage each other's
walk with the Lord.
We try to visit each other's
site and sign their guestbook.
| The Parent
Source Online.com SiteRing
Next Page: Biography of Jonathan Selby CLICK HERE
Review certain of these writings again? (Index) CLICK HERE